NLP Research Scientist
Rewire is a tech startup creating socially responsible AI to keep people safe online. Founded in 2021 based on world-leading research, our fast-growing team is creating a step change in online safety.
We are hiring a full-time NLP research scientist to work on our best-in-class AI solutions for detecting toxic content. The scheduled start date is 1st of June 2022, with some flexibility for the right candidate. The contract will initially be for 6 months, but depending on performance, we will look to extend the role after. Work will be conducted remotely, with occasional in-person meetings.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a brief cover letter outlining your experience and motivation to Paul Röttger, CTO and co-founder of Rewire, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us with informal enquiries.
Skills and Experience
- Completed a Masters or PhD in computer science or a related field
- Specialist in natural language processing (NLP) and modern ML frameworks (e.g. PyTorch)
- Very experienced using Python (e.g. pandas) and software engineering tools (e.g. cli, git, venvs)
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate in a small and dynamic team
- Ability to independently debug code and solve problems
- Background knowledge of research into online harms (e.g. hate, bullying, misinformation)
- Publication record at top NLP/ML conferences (e.g. ACL, FAccT, NIPS)
- Familiarity with AWS cloud services and computing infrastructure
- Training and evaluating NLP models for detecting toxic content
- Managing the collection and curation of internal datasets
- Documenting work and project outputs to a high standard
- Hands-on experience in a dynamic early-stage tech startup on a social mission
- Mentorship and support from experts in AI and online safety
- £50k to £60k p.a. salary with potential equity component, based on your prior experience
We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We can only accept applications from candidates who are based in a timezone within 2 hours of London.
Get in touch.
We welcome informal enquiries about opportunities at Rewire.
Drop us a message to find out more.